AddThis

Share |

Fragile and Reversible McCain--Remember That?

Photobucket
Let's talk about John McCain. He can be kind of charming until you review the facts. Charming as a garden (of biblical proportions) snake.

Today.... he said once again, that we are winning in Iraq and now we can begin to focus on Afghanistan.

Sorry McCain, Barack has always stated that Afghanistan should have been the #1 focus.

What exactly have we won Mr. McCain? I hope you're not counting dead bodies in the win column and I don't care how many insurgents or terrorist were killed. If one of them were'nt Bin laden...ya lost.

These are the facts:

The Iraqi parliment is saying that our presence has destroyed their country. They are sorry they ever met us. Additionaly, I will remind you good Senator that General Petraeus stated just 3 (short) months ago that the conditions on the ground are.... fragile and reversible...
and that we should wait 45 days before we can make an assesment if the surge has worked or not. So sir, according to the sources on the ground as you have said is the proper way to assess, we must wait until way into the month of October.

I know the American public, we have a short memory and apparently John McCain does too, but thank God, Youtube and bloggers have solved that problem. Do your due dilligence folks...don't just listen to the news, you know they have ADHD.


So although you sounded all cute at the NAACP event today and they gave you much more respect than you deserved-- (becaue they're mostly christians and that's what christians do - - your ears will be burning later though...trust and believe).

Here's what I learned today, which is the same thing I learned back in April when Gen. Petraeus testified before the Senate Armed Services Committee:

According to you and the Bush republicans...
a stable Iraq is the WIN indicator. Even though the true life facts are...our economy is in the toilet, higher unemployment rates, gas prices continue to skyrocket, banks teeter on closing their doors, folks are losing their homes at a rapid rate and the education of American children and our American future continue to not even be on the back burner!

But alas, we can sit comfortably and proud to know that Iraq is well on its way to becoming everything America should be....according to your WINNING definition.


Please note readers: I have taken liberal freedom in my post here today. Although i'm not at all far off from the truth...my posts are clearly to 1) to engage dialouge and 2) to counter what's going on in right-wing talk radio across America...I'm nice! I'm polite? but its only because I wish to continue to kiss my mom and dad and praise the Lord with this mouth so some things I just can't and won't say.

I could backslide any minute though.

Please leave your comments. I want to know how you feel out there.

No comments: